Winter Hours of Operation in Effect (Dec 1st to End Feb)
Noon - 3:45 pm - Monday through Friday
10:00 - 3:45 pm - Saturday
CLOSED - Sundays, Statutory Holidays and Boxing Day
Spring, Summer, Fall Hours of Operation (Mar 1st to End Nov)
10:00 am - 3:45 pm - Monday through Saturday
CLOSED - Sundays, Statutory Holidays
Fees and Charges
The Oliver Landfill services the town of Oliver and Area C.
Service Area Map
Approximately 6 km southeast of Oliver, off Black Sage Road (71st St.) and left onto Sibco Landfill Road.
Click here to view map.
Phone & Fax
Phone: (250) 498-3316
Fax: (250) 498-2921
Please call the RDOS at 250-492-5795 or toll free 1-877-610-3737 for more information.
Before you go
- You can save a lot of money if your loads contain only separated materials. Please get to know the items that can be recycled and what items aren't allowed in the landfill. Click here for a copy of our bylaw including rates and items that can be recycled.
- To get any questions answered contact the RDOS Solid Waste Department at 250-490-4129, toll free 1-877-610-3737 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Remember to tarp all loads or fees will be doubled.
Recycling and Composting
Save money and reduce the amount of garbage you generate by separating recyclable or compostable materials from refuse.
See the following links for recycling and composting information:
- free yard waste drop-off at the landfill
- general information on composting
- information on where you can recycle items such as paint, batteries and used motor oil, refer to the "Where Can I Recycle" section of the website.
Prohibited (Hazardous) & Controlled Waste
Some types of waste are approved for disposal at the landfill but require special handling and disposal techniques to avoid creating health hazards, nuisances, or environmental pollution. Some waste, including radioactive, biomedical, asbestos, automobiles, slaughterhouse, and other waste is prohibited from disposal at the landfill.
More information: Call the Landfill at 250-498-3316 or the RDOS at 250-492-5795.