Okanagan Falls Sanitary Sewer
Construction Contract Awarded
On October 6, 2011 the Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen's Board awarded Greyback Construction Ltd. the Okanagan Falls Wastewater Treatment Plant Replacement Contract.
Updates for the New Okanagan Falls Wastewater Treatment Plant
Okanagan Falls Wastewater Treatment Plant Pre-Design Report and Drawings - Prepared by AECOM November 2010
Current Map of Sewer Service Area
The following map depicts the service area for the Okanagan Falls sewer system. The initial establishment of the service area was in Bylaw No. 1239, 1991. Two amendments have since been included: Bylaw No. 1409, 1993 and Bylaw No. 2124, 2002.
Development Cost Charge (DCC) Bylaw for the Okanagan Falls Community
- Final Report on the background and developing the Okanagan Falls Sewage Treatment Plant DCC bylaw
Prepared by Urban Systems, August 2009
Okanagan Falls Liquid Waste Management Plan Amendment
LWMP for the Okanagan Falls Area is complete!
The LWMP amendment was conditionally approved by the Minister of Environment on July 21, 2010 with final approval granted by Ministry of Environment on December 6, 2010.
Here are the three reports for the LWMP amendment:
- Stage 1 & 2 LWMP Amendment for Okanagan Falls, Kaleden & Skaha Estates
- Stage 3 LWMP Amendment for Okanagan Falls, Kaleden & Skaha Estates November 2010
History looking at Okanagan Falls, Kaleden & Skaha Estates
An Open House was held on September 22, 2010 4:00 - 8:00 pm at the Okanagan Falls Community Centre
- Presentation given at the Open House
- Storyboards that were on display
- 2009 Presentation on LWMP at Open House on November 18th - Tim Forty, P.Eng. AECOM
- 2009 Presentation on LWMP Process Details and Roles of the Committees - Tim Forty, P.Eng. AECOM
- 2009 Presentation on Background Summary of Past Studies and Next steps - Piero Galvagno, P.Eng. AECOM
- 2008 Presentation on Upgrades of Okanagan Falls Sewer System - Discussing the various options and potential costs for upgrading the Okanagan Falls sewer system.
- 2007 Kaleden and Skaha Estates Sewer Project Update - Newsletter
- 2007 Kaleden and Skaha Estates Sewage Treatment Plant Options - Report by EarthTech (dba AECOM)
- 2005 Strategic Review - Report by EarthTech (dba AECOM)
- 2005 OK Falls Strategic Review Open House Displays - Display Panels presented to the public at the open house on June 22, 2005
- 2005 OK Falls Strategic Review Update - Newsletter
The Current System
The Okanagan Falls Sewage collection, treatment, and disposal works was built in the late 70's, and currently services approximately 750 properties, (including single-family, multi-family, commercial, recreational, and institutional).
The current System consists of three pump stations, pressurized and gravity sewer mains, an extended aeration activated sludge sewage treatment plant, and a rapid infiltration site.
As of April 2010, the project has begun to Design and Construct a New Wastewater Treatment Plant for the Okanagan Falls community. This treatment plant will also accept sewage from the Kaleden Lakeshore and Skaha Estates communities when sewers are extended in the future.
Watch for exciting project developments during the project from now until April of 2012!
Applying for a Sewer Connection
Click here to apply for a sewer connection.