What We Do
We will be the national benchmark for the delivery of local government legislative services.
We are committed to providing legislative services to the public, the Regional Board and staff in an effective, innovative, and accurate manner.
Under the policies and directives of the Board of the Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen (RDOS), the Okanagan-Similkameen Regional Hospital District (OSRHD), the Department provides legislative and administrative services and support to the Boards, their committees, other departments and the public by:
- Production and distribution of RDOS & OSRHD Board and Committee agendas and schedule of meetings;
- Ensuring accurate recording of the proceedings of the Boards and their Committees, and the timely preservation and communication of all official minutes of Board business;
- Conveying decisions of the Board for action or information;
- Processing and certifying RDOS & OSRHD bylaws;
- Conducting democratic elections and elector approval processes;
- Providing reception/information services for the public and secretarial services for Board Members.